New Townhomes + Condos
With over 50 years of building experience, Dawson + Sawyer combines quality construction with thoughtful interiors and timeless architecture. The Dawson + Sawyer family of companies has built thousands of homes in B.C. With each new project, we are committed to delivering unparalleled quality and lasting value to homeowners.
Be proud of what you do. If you believe you would be a good fit for one of the following positions, please forward your resume to email@example.com
Homeowner Care Field Representative
Customer Service – Warranty Requests & Repairs
- Conduct assessment visits to determine warrantable items based on submitted customer service requests and the HPO Warranty guidelines.
- Review and rectify items on customer service requests as required; re-assign items to trades as necessary.
- Follow up with outstanding customer service requests to ensure timely completion and homeowner satisfaction of all items.
- Maintain solid relationships with customers, trades, contractors, and other employees.
- Represent the company proudly and positively.
Homeowner Orientations and Pre-Delivery Inspections
- Assist with conducting Homeowner Orientations and pre-delivery inspections prior to sales completion of new single and multi-family homes.
- Clearly communicate to new homeowners the care and maintenance required in their new home and the customer service process to be followed.
- Clearly communicate to new homeowners the coverage that they are provided in their new home under the Homeowner Protection Office through Travelers Guarantee.
- Ensure completion of all items noted at orientation prior to homeowner possession of their new home.
- Create and maintain homeowner files as required.
- Receive and review homeowner requests; create work orders and distribute to appropriate trades for action.
- Weekly follow up calls to trades; management of work order status.
- Creation and distribution of Customer Service follow up reports to homeowners.
- Creation of monthly Customer Service Aging Reports.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a construction related Customer Service role.
- Solid understanding of the technical aspects of construction practices and in particular those covered under the 2-5-10 Warranty in British Columbia.
- Excellent people skills, familiarity dealing with new homeowners and an empathetic approach.
- Ability to notice deficiencies and manage repairs.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to deal with a variety of different tasks.
- Must be proficient on a computer with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Able to rectify minor Homeowner Requests as required; able to work independently.
Sr. Construction Accountant/Coordinator
- AP entry for multiple construction projects 700+ per month.
- Communicate with trades via phone / email.
- Maintain job structure and project setup within accounting system.
- Review, reconcile, and prepare payroll for hourly and salaried employees (25+).
- Schedule monthly and bimonthly remittances / payments.
- Prepare monthly GST analysis.
- Reconcile and pay credit cards.
- Prepare monthly cashflows.
- Process and review holdback applications and payments.
- Maintain & manage key communication documents between Sales and Construction.
- Compiling / maintaining monthly reports for management.
- Subcontract entry and change order management.
- Manage tender process (scopes /RFP packages / sign-offs / bid recommendations).
- Manage CCA contracts and subcontracts issued to trades.
- Manage paperwork from construction sites to head office.
- A fantastic communicator, both verbally and written.
- Awesome at data entry.
- Have a high attention to detail.
- Confident to manage up to ensure deadlines are met.
- Deadline driven.
- Able to prioritize a significant work load.
- Construction experience.
- Understand job costing.
- Experience using Spectrum or other construction software.
- Designation or designation pursuit preferred.
- Be a long-term member of our team.
- Be comfortable using a Mac.