Here is your step-by-step guide to buying a home.
FIND YOUR PERFECT HOME
• Come visit our presentation centre. Our staff will help explain the features of our homes, pricing and availability. When you find the perfect home we will help you write a contract.
• We can include a “subject to financing” clause, which gives you the opportunity to ensure you are in a good financial position to make a purchase. You pay nothing at this time.
• If you have a home you need to sell before you can purchase you may also write the contract “subject to the sale” of your home. Depending on the specific project, this may be an option.
SPEAK WITH YOUR MORTGAGE ADVISOR
• You now have about 7 days to get your mortgage approved so you can remove the “subject to financing” clause. We can help ensure that you get a great mortgage rate.
• Our Mortgage Advisor is on site most days to answer any questions.
READ THE PROPERTY DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
• A Disclosure Statement is detailed information about the project. It will list any rules or regulations of the strata, common areas, rental properties, age restrictions, services and amenities.
• The disclosure statement will be provided upon writing your contract. Our staff is happy to review the disclosure statement with you and answer any of your questions.
REMOVE ANY SUBJECT CONDITIONS AND PAY YOUR DEPOSIT
• Once you have your financing in order it is time to remove subjects and provide your non-refundable deposit cheque to our staff.
• All deposits are held in an independent stakeholders trust account and are protected.
• Come by and visit the sales centre to show friends and family what you’ve bought!
NEW HOME ORIENTATION
• Approximately 2 – 3 weeks prior to your completion date, you will be contacted to schedule your New Home Orientation.
• The New Home Orientation is your opportunity to meet with the builder and go through your new home. Normally this is done 7-10 days before your completion date. You will learn how everything in your new home works directly from the builder.
• You will be provided with instructions and contact information for our Customer Service Team who will address any questions or concerns after your completion date. It is very important to us that you are completely satisfied with your new home.
MEET WITH YOUR LAWYER OR NOTARY
• 2 – 3 weeks prior to your completion date. When purchasing a home you always have a lawyer or notary represent you to make sure the transaction runs smoothly. They collect the deposit, remaining down payment, property purchase tax if applicable, mortgage proceeds from the lender, and register you at the land title office as the owner of your new home.
• Note: Choose your lawyer as soon as possible and let our staff and your mortgage advisor know. These professionals are your team and they will be working together on your behalf to ensure everything runs smoothly on your completion date!
• The transaction is made, the funds change hands and you are registered on title as the owner of the property.
• Typically, the date after your completion date is your possession date. You will receive your keys from the builder and can move into your new home!
NOW IT’S TIME TO ENJOY YOUR NEW HOME!